Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The IOP continued... a little late.

I somehow thought I'd have all this extra time while on vacation, but it never happens... I know better... so I didn't get a chance to post again after the first one! Sorry. Anyhow, here is what my dad brought home to put in the hot tub: Dry Ice. Yes, only Frank... it was pretty cool, I must admit.


We had such a good time. I am trying to decide which I like better: South Carolina or the Gulf beaches...? Hard choice! Still haven't decided. The city is charming and somehow captures my heart every time. The house we stayed in was lovely and it made all the difference in the world to have the pool and hot tub right out back. We spent the majority of our time on the lovely screened in porch... heavenly. I even finished a 400 page book (The Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux). I know nothing about whether or not this is a 'worthwhile read'- it was on the shelf at the house... but it was pretty good, and I can't tell you the last time I read an entire book! (sad, I know... I'm not a big reader, but I am trying)
We had lots of night swims and the girls thought the hot tub was build as a baby pool just for them. We cooked fresh shrimp and had some good meals on the porch.

So thankful that my parents were able to come with us. The kids LOVED every minute of it. Chris and I even had a date night in the city alone. We ate at a place called S.N.O.B, and while it was excellent food, snob was a pretty fitting name, if you know what I mean. I guess Chris and I are just not food connoisseurs. We'd rather have tons of food for little money than tons of money for little food.

I am trying to upload more photos, but blogger is not working well for that at the moment!

No comments: