Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Musings from the monitor

I love putting grace down for a nap in the afternoons.... #1, because I get some peace and quite for a little while during the day. This is like my happy place and time.... and #2 because of the hilarious things that I hear coming from the monitor after I put her down.
Today we've had several renditions of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" and she's counted from 1-10 using many different voices and sung the ABC's (only skipping a few letters) several times through:

I wish I could record this, because it is so cute, but let me give you a little excerpt of 'twinkle, twinkle.'

"Twinkle, Twinkle liiiiiittttttttlllleeee star, wonder what you arrrrrreeeeeeee. Up the world soooooooo high, diamond skyyyyyyyyyyy."

"Twinkle, Twinkle little sssstttttaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr, wonder are youuuuu high."

(I especially like the 'Are you high?' part.) (ha, ha)

Now she is putting some of her Slammy's in the corner and saying: "No be ugy" (translation: don't be ugly!)

Now she is having a conversation with Mac, and she wants him to share his truck with her. (this is a scenario that actually played out this afternoon)

More "Twinkle, Twinkle" with a lot of humming involved.

Now I hear: "Borbin bandains? No Borbin bandains, Gracie bandains. Gracie share bandains." and she is currently singing Booooorrrrrbbbbbiiiiinnnnn aaaarrrreeee uuuuuu?

(for those of you who don't know, Borbin is actually her friend Corbin and bandains are band-aids of course)

This could go on for a while, so I won't bore you with more... but I just wish I could record this... it is so funny! OK, so now it's time for you to go to SLEEP!

And I will leave you with a picture. Last night grace wanted to sit on the big girl potty without her diaper on! This is great because normally she doesn't want anything to do with the potty. Now, I know that she's not yet 2, and I am not pushing the issue, sitting on the potty can't hurt, right? She stayed there for at least 10 minutes reading books! I was proud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!! Once the search function is working again on the flair app I am sooo sending you one about potty training...or nap time...or Twilight...which I'm guessing a book?