Sometimes you just have to look on the bright side, when all you really want to do is crawl under the covers. No one is feeling exceptionally lovely today, but after a few doses of ibuprofen we had a couple moments of greatness: Exhibit A: RAIN. I love it, it is refreshing, soothing, and a summer storm is just the ticket, if you ask me. A little dance in the rain is sure to make a girl feel better, even for a moment.
Exhibit B: Magazines, glue, scissors, crayons and the like. Although Harper smeared almost a whole stick of glue on her face, under her nails, and in her mouth, we still managed to have enough to make a pretty sweet collage. This used to be one of my absolute favorite things to do as an older child, and I think the girls liked it too. Grace's cutting skills are pretty darn impressive these days. She can now cut objects out of a magazine with precision...in other words, when she is done cutting it out, you can actually still recognize what the object is.
And here are some other pretty great things that happened today:
1. Mom found me an absolutely gorgeous Anthropologie dress, and shirt, and a couple things for the kids (at the goodwill of course) and dropped them by.
2. It is still raining
3. The girls seem to be napping well
4. There have only been a few fits and fights despite the very fragile feelings that sickness brings out
5. We all ate yogurt and baked lays for lunch
6. I know there are a couple more things I was going to write, but my ibuprofen is wearing off, and I need to go take some more so I can get my clear head back!!!