Monday, June 7, 2010

reason for the delay...


Well, the reason I haven't blogged recently is simply this: My primary job these days is to keep Harper from accidentally killing herself. Plain and simple, that's it....

Take today for example... we were slip-sliding away at a friends house... somehow, Grace managed to lock herself INSIDE their house, having to pee and not being able to get her bathing wet suit down...leaving me helpless to get to her because like I said, we were locked OUT... all the while, Harper is rambunctiously climbing up the stairs so that she can give her input to the situation, and somehow slips and falls down the stairs... landing on her head, I might add. Lovely. Now she has another goose egg to add to the collection, along with some bruising and scrapes...

Saturday night, she was climbing...because that's what she does...climb... anyhow... she was standing on top of an art bench we have in the kitchen, and of course, loses her balance and falls down, feet first... which sounds well and good, until we realized she could not walk on her foot anymore... We debated taking her to the ER (because of course, that's the only place that is open...) to have it checked... but just gave it some time, and she seems to be fine today.

OH, and Friday night we had a babysitter for the first time EVER, and Harper decides that would be a good time to climb out of her crib and fall to the floor. She's never done it before, but why not when we have our first babysitter...right???

This child could not be more different than Grace was. In all honesty, I could not imagine how different they would be. Night and day, oil and water different.... and I guess that's good. The only problem is that I am having to learn a whole new set of 'parenting rules.' I can't just do the same thing I did with Grace... My brain is tired and I really don't have the capacity to learn anything else right now... So, this is all kind of annoying... but we'll get through it.

I love to see Grace and Harper's relationship because they get along so well and they love each other. They literally roll on the floor and laugh at each other and have the best time. That is such a blessing. I am not having to constantly break up fights or work out compromises... ahhh, I love it... so nice. ..... Now if I can just keep the younger one alive... that would be fabulous...

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I am officially scared now. We are expecting another girl in October! Lucy is so laid back. I know people don't get this lucky twice.

vergne said...

Jamie,
I had to laugh a little at your post. Abbie is very different from Sophie in some ways too and it's been very difficult for me to figure out how to handle her. (I'm still trying to figure it out). I can totally identify with you. =)

Paula