Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Celebrations

Mother's Day celebrations started for me on Friday. Sweet Chris took off work on Friday so I could go get a massage and have a day of doing whatever I wanted to do! It was wonderful! I got an awesome massage at A Moment's Peace and then headed out for some thrift-therapy. Look at one of the things I found: This awesome 50's hand-stitched quilt! Since I found it at the Goodwill Outlet, it was only around $5.00, and it needed a good washing. I was a little worried that it would fall apart in the wash, but thought if it did, I'd just use the fabric for something else. But LOOK! It came out perfectly! I love it!!!! I also found some awesome vintage fabric squares that I can't wait to put to good use!


(Harper loves it too! She says: "GO mom! You ROCK, I could only hope to have your thrifting abilities one day!)

I then met Chris, Grace and Harps for lunch over in Green Hills, and we visited my dad at his office, which Grace thinks is the coolest thing...I shopped a little more and then came home so Chris could go play golf. (which was rained out...) We ended the evening with a family walk around the neighborhood, and the weather was perfect.

Saturday and Sunday were awesome too, but Friday was just my perfect day! I love the picture below because I think Harper's face is just so cute! She's just taken with Grace sometimes. She intently watches everything she does, which is so cute!
I think I am going to have to give in and take a nap this afternoon... (ssshhhh... if either of the girls get the slightest hint that this is what I am thinking, they will wake up!) There is so much more I could write, but I can't think straight, I am so tired. Maybe I'll post more later!

No comments: