Thursday, September 4, 2008

Off to school... Off to school....

Grace isn't much of a morning person, but she gave me a little smile right after she woke up. She actually woke herself up at around 7am or so... I know, I almost had a heart attack, and I could possibly suffer from narcolepsy today as a result of the early morning....


Grace picked out this pink and white stripe dress all by herself, and wanted to wear her 'pink' crocs with it as well as a pink clip in her hair. Very opinionated... this girl knows what she wants!

She was thrilled to hold her lunch box and carry it out the door. We'd already taken her 'school bag' on Tuesday when we went to the open house.
Daddy and Gracie off to school for the first day! She was excited and ready to go. She kept talking about how she'd be able to slide and go in the tunnel and how she'd be able to color a picture. After each sentence about school, she'd say "then mommy come and get you!" I really think that taking her to the nursery at the gym so much has helped! She's really got the concept that if we drop her off, we will always come pick her up... That's wonderful!
I didn't really know what to do with myself after they drove out of the driveway, but couldn't go back to bed for sure... so I just changed and went to work out...Chris called after he dropped her off and said that she did great! She didn't cry, gave him a hug and walked into the classroom holding 3 slammy's! He said that he looked back into the room before he left and she was just walking around looking at everything... NO TEARS! Yea! I'll have you know that I didn't even cry either! I feel so good about her going to school and have a real peace about it! So I'm more excited than anything! I'll post later to let you all know how she did throughout the day! Hopefully she'll be so distracted by all the activity that she won't even miss us! Horray for Grace!
Oh, just a side note for Katie... Grace did inform me this morning before she left that she wanted 'Borbin' to come be in her class too!

No comments: