Friday, December 19, 2008

3 hours in the hospital...

Well, I am not going to get into the whole story because I may break the computer... but I was having painful contractions last night for a couple of hours, so Chris and I went into triage. When we walked into the hospital, it was completely packed... People everywhere... I was having contractions every 2-3 minutes, but was dehydrated... they gave me 2 bags of IV fluid and that helped the pain a little bit, but didn't stop the contractions... My doctor wasn't on call, and is currently on Maternity leave.. so I had to see another doc that was a complete idiot. While I was there, I dilated more, so it was obvious that something was going on... But guess what? They sent me home! Here was the doctor's comment: "Yes, I think that you are in labor, maybe the early stages, so we don't know how long this will take, so why don't you go home and come back when you can't breathe through your contractions..."

Ok, so when I cease to breathe... I'll come back in...sure...makes sense... I was so mad... still am! So pray that things will get going fast! I guess it could be today or in another week.. no one really knows. A friend of a friend who is a doula said after hearing all my 'symptoms' that probably the only reason they sent me home was because they didn't have any rooms left! I would believe it too, it was packed out last night! If I am not feeling good later in the day, I may go into the doctor's office just so that they can check my cervix before the weekend.... But the last thing I want to hear is... No Change... so maybe I'll wait....

Pray for labor! This is horrible... Contractions for the last 5 weeks and now they actually hurt! NOT FUN!

No comments: